Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Hunting, Camping and Lee's 60th Birthday!!

We went Elk hunting, I should say Lee went hunting, I just went along for the camping. We met up with my sister Teri and her husband Bill. Their son Jason and son-in-law Mike were also there. The weather was great for camping, not so great for hunting. The guys walked many miles, saw lots of signs of animals (you know, poop and stuff) and of course they saw a few they couldn't shoot. My sister and I had lots of time to visit, in between feeding these hungry guys. We played a lot of cards, having a tournament playing Skip-Bo, my first time playing this game, need I say who won. It was a great time and even though they didn't get any Elk, it was still a good time. Lee had his 60th birthday while we were gone, I know hard to believe he is 60, we tried to make it a special day for him. Teri made beef stroganoff, his favorite and I baked a cake. We will be getting together with the kids and grandkids this weekend to celebrate some more.


This is some of the scenery, beautiful. They were actually walking around up in those mountains and trees.

Lee and Bill cleaning mushrooms they found in the woods. Don't worry Bill knows all about picking mushrooms.
Our camp! My sister Teri and the guys by the campfire.

This is the tent that Jason and Mike slept in, yes they had a fire in a big enclosed barrel in it to keep them warm.

Lee concentrating on cleaning the mushrooms, I know he would have rather been cleaning an Elk.

This is on our way home, the beautiful trees changing colors.

There was a little snow at White Pass ski resort, not enough for skiing yet though.






2 comments:

Jodi Elwell said...

looks like you had fun. I am not sure about those mushrooms though. I think I will stick to ones you can buy at the store! Glad you are home safe and sound. We missed you. Can't wait to celebrate dads birthday on Saturday!

Sharon Severson said...

Happy Birthday, Uncle Lee! Sorry you didn't get bambi's realative. You can come up here there's lots of moose that walk by my house!